Hey everyone! Now that work is settling down a bit after the holidays, I’m going to be opening up for commissions for the next couple of months. For this round, I will be opening up for sketch commissions, and short story commissions. Here are all the details!
— What kinds of commissions am I offering?
I will be offering two kinds of commissions while I am open.
Sketch Story commissions – A sketch story is around 1000 words long, and generally isn’t a fully fleshed out story. Think of it as a writer’s version of an artist’s sketch. The cost for a sketch commission is a flat $25 fee. Other ideas that can be turned into sketches rather easily would include:
- A TF scene you would like me to write, which doesn’t necessarily warrant a full story.
- A caption for a photo or two that you would like to see.
- A branch you would like to see continued over on CYOC with a new chapter.
- An alternate branch on an interactive story I have written, if you’d wanted to see a different sort of outcome.
- A short fanfic story, though if I have to research a show or video game I don’t know, it will cost an extra $10 dollars.
Short story commissions – I define a short story as anything shorter than 5000 words. The rate for a short story is 3 cents a word, or 30 dollars per 1000 words written. A short story comes with more restrictions on content.
- No fan fiction.
- Stories involving your fursona or OC characters may require further consultation. This isn’t to say that furry stories aren’t allowed–but some ideas may be better suited to the sketch category above, than a full fledged story.
— How does my commission process work?
I do not work with a queue system–I’ve found it tends to make it harder for me to get through more pieces if I have to finish them in a particular order. Instead, I use what I call the pot system. It works like this:
- You ask me for a commission, and we chat about your idea. If it sounds like something I can write for you, then I will send you a rough synopsis of the story, as I plan on writing it. Once you agree to that outline, I will put your commission ‘into the pot’.
- There are two pots. There is the priority pot, reserved for patrons, and a general pot, for non-patrons. The pots will be publicly posted so you will know how many people are waiting. Sketch and story commissions share the same pots.
- I will select stories from the pot to commit to writing, and then ask for the down payment before I begin the story. A sketch story requires the entire $25 payment before I begin, and a short story requires a $30 down payment. I will select commissions from the priority pot first, and then, once the priority pot is empty, I will begin taking general commissions from the pot, and working on those in turn.
- Once I finish a story, I will send you a link to the first draft, and discuss any edits you would like to make. Small detail edits are free–if I have to substantially rework the story, that will incur an additional fee. The balance on a short story commission is due before edits will be done, and the story polished.
- I will do my best to work through all of the commissions in both pots as quickly as I can. However, I can’t guarantee that I will finish every commission I put in the pot–this is why I take the down payment before I begin writing, not immediately after the consultation.
— How do I accept payments?
I prefer accepting payments over cash app or paypal.
— How long will I remain open for commissions?
I plan on remaining open through the end of March. When I reach a point that I feel like I cannot reasonably accept more commissions and finish them all in the time I have given myself, I will close the pots–but continue finishing the stories in them. I generally plan to finish all of the stories in both pots–however, life happens. I will only guarantee a story will be written once I have accepted a down payment from you.
—What sort of content will I be posting during this time?
I will be finishing off New You Resolutions over the next couple of weeks, and then will be taking a few weeks off from running an interactive. I will continue posting two or three captions or sketches a week, and will post commissions as I finish them.
–Can you get more than one short story commission? Can you commission sequels?
You sure can! However, I only work on one commission from each individual at a time, so you can’t commission 10,000 words all at once. If you would like another commission from me, you’re more than welcome to do so, however, all repeat customers go to the back of the queue automatically, to make sure a few people aren’t hogging my time.
— How do I contact you?
You can use the following ways to contact me regarding a commission. If you send me a message in some other fashion (say, over on tumblr) I can’t guarantee I’ll receive it. Patrons should message me either through discord, or send me a message through Patreon.
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Telegram – username @brackenous
Twitter – Send me a DM, my profile is @wesleybracken
Discord: username Wesley Bracken#4835
Thanks for your support as always! Get in touch if you’re interested in a commission!